What are Internal links?
Internal links are links from pages on your website to other pages on the same website.
Not only does your website need these internal links, it needs an internal link structure where the pillar posts you publish often link to the snippet posts you publish less often.
This internal link structure raises the authority of the pillar posts over time.
Every post on your website needs at least one internal link and ideally each internal link should be in support of your overall link structure, which you’ve thought through in advance
Why is Internal Linking Important?
From a publishing perspective, internal links are very important because they help improves page rank. The following are some importance of internal links
- It provides your audience with further reading options.
- It helps to improve your ranking for certain keyword phrases.
- It can help you to promote events and other paid services.
- It helps Google to crawl the site.
While making links in your content, always remember the following:
- Whenever you are building your new content, make sure you include internal links in every blog post.
- Internal links pass PageRank value the way any link does.
- Also remember when adding links, don’t get carried away.
Leave a Reply