A picture is worth 1,000 words. We all know this to be true, not just because we’ve heard it over and over and over, but because we take in visual information quicker and more completely than written text.
But did you know analytics backs this up?
1) We watch A LOT of on line videos in the US. 85% of the US based internet users watch videos online. The biggest block of video consumers is the group aged 18 to 34, with men watching significantly more than women.
2) Sight is our most dominate sense. 90% of what sensory input to our brains is visual and visual input is processed 60,000 times faster than text input.
3) Every minute 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter.
4) People stay longer on webpages that contain video. Per some studies 10 times as long.
5) Consumers are 85% more likely to purchase a product or service after watching a video.
6) Almost half of us (46%) say the design of a website is their number 1 criteria for deciding if the business is credible (this is kind of a sad one).
7) People link to posts with videos 3 times more often than posts without videos.
8) Pinterest generates more referral traffic to websites than LinkedIn plus Google+ plus YouTube. More than the three of them combined.
9) 40% of website users respond better (take the suggested action) when the information is presented visually.
10) 59% of viewers watch to completion when the video is less than one minute long.
11) 65% of business owners and executives have visited a business website after watching a video.
To learn more….