Blogging for business is a structured tried and true way of attracting your audience to your website and converting some of those visitors into leads for your business.
Business blogging is known by several different names:
- Inbound Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Internet Marketing
- Organic Search Engine Marketing
- Local SEO Marketing
But no matter what you call it, it’s Business Blogging, and it looks like Blogging (because it is).
Believe it or not, it’s not that hard to attract your audience to your website. Simply follow the guidelines in our Local SEO Marketing primer and it just happens.
Converting some of those visitors into leads and sales is the other requirement.
But the thing is, if you ask 10 conversion experts what to do, you’re likely to receive 20 recommendations.
The reason for this is conversion is not as cut and dry as attracting your audience. Attracting your audience is mechanical. It’s knowing how to dance with Google.
Conversion is psychological, and as much as we think we know about the way we process information and make decisions, we don’t all agree on this.
Having said that, the experts do tend to agree on a few base principals, which are below:
- Know what action you want your website visitors to take while they’re on your website.
- Tell them to take that action (this is called the Call to Action).
- Make it obvious how to take that action (I like big Call to Action buttons).
- Make it easy to take that action (ask for as little information as you need – make it quick).
- When the website visitor is taking the action, remove any and all distractions which might prevent them from completing the desired action.
That’s it! Do those few things and your conversions will increase (assuming you’re not doing them now).
When your business needs more traffic, more leads, and more business…