Let me draw a distinction between optimizing your website, and optimizing web posts. They are different and you need to be concerned with both.
This article addresses site optimization and the important issues are:
This article is part of a series about local SEO marketing. For access to all the articles in the series, click on the link in the prior sentence.
- Use WordPress
- Host it on your website under your URL
- Understand short term optimization vs long term optimization
- Submit your website to the various web directories that increase visibility
- Configure your sites with Update Services
- What plugins to use
- If appropriate for your business, have a Contact Us form
- What widgets make sense (less is more)
- What permalink structure makes sense?
- WordPress themes
To learn more details about the various topics, select the links above.