Your local SEO marketing effort requires paying a lot of attention to a fairly large number of details (somewhere between 50 and 60), all of which are important.
For that reason it feels strange to state there is one detail that is absolutely more important than any other, but believe it or not, there is.
Do not even consider using a different platform.
This article is part of a series about local SEO marketing. For access to all the articles in the series, click on the link in the prior sentence.
- WordPress is the most SEO friendly platform available.
- Matt Cutts, the head of the Google Web Spam team (which seems to be an odd name for the people who maintain and update what I will call “The Algorithm”) promotes the use of WordPress, even though Google owns the blogging platform Blogger.
- Matt Cutts also maintains his personal blog on a WordPress site.
Other less important reasons are:
- Relatively speaking (as compared to other platforms) WordPress is easy to use.
- It’s fully open source and is highly reliable.
- It’s incredibly flexible allowing the addition of what are called plugins to add specific functionality.
- There is a very large marketplace for plugins where you can almost certainly find what you need
- It’s incredibly easy to update and keep the software current and up to date.
Again, do not even consider using another platform. Use WordPress.