What exactly is self hosting?
Let us assume you’ve made the right decision to use WordPress and that your business name is Acme.
You have two main choices on where to host your blog:
This article is part of a series about local SEO marketing. For access to all the articles in the series, click on the link in the prior sentence.
- The first choice is hosted within the domain wordpress.com.
- The second choice is hosted within the domain acme.com and as such is a self hosted website.
Why does it matter?
- When you host your blog on a blogging site such as wordpress.com, as you attract web visitors, prospects, and customers, you are increasing the Google ranking of wordpress.com.
- When you host your blog on your website under your domain, as you attract web visitors, prospects, and customers, you are increasing the Google ranking of YOUR WEBSITE!!
How do you self host?
- You contact a hosting provider, buy a domain if you do not already have one, buy a hosting package, and install WordPress.
- If you need both domain services and hosting services your cost will be around $70 per year.
- WordPress is free.
Where do you self host?
The full list of hosting providers is an extensive list, but I’ve used both GoDaddy and HostGator a lot. GoDaddy is a little cheaper but HostGator provides better technical support.
This website is hosted at HostGator.
You will find much more information about local SEO marketing by reading the entire series of articles.
When you need help with your local SEO marketing campaign, do yourself a favor and contact us at Zippe.biz. Other web marketing services make promises. We have a track record.SEO Needs Link Building