Well formatted posts get read more often than poorly formatted posts
This can have a serious effect on your local SEO marketing efforts.
So what makes for “proper” or “optimized” local SEO post formatting?
Proper formatting is that which catches the eye of someone who is “info surfing”.
- White space is your friend.
- Put blank lines between paragraphs.
- Use short paragraphs, no more than two sentences.
- Use bold for emphasis, but not too much.
- Use lists, people like lists.
- Even though these posts are short, do not be shy about repeating yourself as needed, but not too much.
- In a good presentation, the presenter tells you what your going to be told, tells you, then tells you what you were just told.
- This helps it “stick”.
- Use this knowledge in your posts.
- Be somewhat repetitive, but not too much.
- Insert a relevant and interesting picture with a meaningful caption.
- This draws the eye and provides a visual break.