Own a small business in Austin? Need local SEO marketing services?
What are your options?
- Full service agency (might or might not be located in Austin).
- Consultant (are generally local).
- Do it in house
- Some combination of the above
The trade offs you’ll make are cash outlay, amount of effort for you and/or your staff, the quality of the work, the quality of the outcome.
First independent of what option (or options) you go with, what you need to make this work is:
- An overall strategy that maps your local SEO efforts to your business goals with an understanding that local SEO looks more like journalism than it does like marketing.
- The generation of 60 short “snippet” posts every month, where each post answers one question and/or makes one point.
- 2 to 4 “pillar” posts every month where each post is thoughtful, well researched, expresses a strong opinion, and adds to the conversation about whatever the topic is.
- Monitoring and measuring of your effectiveness and progress.
Full Service Local SEO Agency
A full service local SEO marketing agency is your most expensive option but requires the least amount of time from you and your staff.
What should you expect to spend?
Around $2,500 a month, and that’s if your agency uses offshore writers, which doesn’t mean low quality.
A Local SEO Consultant
Consultants generally don’t generate content, so this is really a hybrid solution. Most consultants I’ve spoken to charge between $600 and $1,500 a month for strategy, planning, monitoring, and measuring. However you still need to get content created. You can get 60 snippet posts a month for $400, but the pillar posts are much more expensive. They generally run from $70 to $100 each.
Your total spend this way is expected to be around $2,000, but you need to manage the day to day writing and make sure day to day tasks are being done correctly. This activity will likely take 2 to 3 hours per week.
In House Local SEO
The big cost here is time. Someone will devote 1 to 2 hours a day to this effort, and more during the learning and ramp up phase.
The big issue here is how do you learn how to do it?
Option 1 is your scour the Internet gathering ideas from experts and doing some trial and error.
Option 2 is to take a course or some courses.
This will cost you very little cash, but again someone within your business will devote time and energy to this effort.
If you choose to join us (Inbound Marketing University), your monthly cost will be $47 and for that you get:
- Access to all the online lessons.
- Access to the members forum.
- Access to the weekly coaching session.
The Hybrid Approach
This is very common for small businesses. Someone learns how to do it, manages the overall process, then hires out specific tasks, generally article writing. This strikes a balance between you spending cash and you spending time and effort.
Learn More about Local SEO Marketing…SEO Needs Link Building