This post is part of a series about the Internet marketing strategy I call Inbound Marketing, as well as part of a sub-series on the technical aspects of Inbound marketing. To access the lead posts please click either of the links in the prior sentence.
This post provides step by step instructions on how to submit your site to Google Webmasters Tools.
Inbound Marketing University helps you generate quality leads for your business through your website.
••• For any and all of the images below, to see a larger image, double click on the image itself ••
Step 1: Install Smart Google Analytics Code Plugin
- Go to Plugins -> Add New
- Search for Smart Google Analytics Code by Oturia
- Install it and activate it
Step 2: Access to Google Webmasters Tools
- The URL is google.com/webmasters/tools
- Simply go to that URL. If you see any setup instructions, follow them.
Step 3: Add Your Site
- Select the Red (Orange?) button (if you’ve already added at least one site, the button is in the top right)
- Enter the URL of your site
Step 4: Enter the URL of the Site You’re Adding
Step 5: Select Alternate Methods
Step 6: Select and Copy HTML Tag
Step 7: Open Settings -> Smart Google Code
Step 8: Insert the HTML Tag
- Scroll down to the Webmasters Tools section
- Paste the HTML tag into the Webmasters Tools section
- Select Save Changes
Step 9: Within Google Webmasters Tools, Verify Your Site
- Return to the window or tab where you are logged into Google Webmasters Tools
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen
- Select the button labeled VERIFY
Step 10: Congratulate Yourself
Need Leads? We can help…SEO Needs Link Building