It depends. On various things, but mostly:
- How specialized is your niche (and hence your content)?
- How competitive is your niche?
- How much commercial opportunity exists within your niche?
At the risk of giving an extremely large range, I’ll say somewhere between 6 months and never.
The reasons for the answer maybe being “never” is:
- 2 to 3 posts a week is not many website updates. Many popular websites are updated daily and even multiple times a day. This matters to Google.
- Something else that (generally) matters to Google is how much content is on your website. I know Google says larger websites don’t necessarily rank higher, but they generally do. At 2 to 3 posts a week it will take quite a while to develop a large repository of content.
If you can obtain back links from very high ranking sites to your content you can rank higher with less content, but the outreach for such activity requires a fairly significant investment of time and energy. Most of the people you contact suggesting they link to an article of yours don’t even respond and like other marketing and sales activities, it’s a numbers game.
Increasing your odds of success requires two main activities:
- Publish more.
- Promote what you’ve published more.