I saw this question on Quora and wondered how many others might think attracting traffic to your website is “easy”.
There is an easy way, but it’s generally too expensive for small businesses.
However if you want 10 visitors per day and you’re paying $10 per click you’re looking $3,000 a month for that level of traffic.
If you want less expensive or free traffic, you’ll need to put in some effort.
Time and effort is another form of expense, it’s just not cash. I find the phrase “sweat equity” is a useful description.
What specifically do you need to do:
- First you need to commit to the effort.
- Second you need your website to be WordPress. If it’s not already you need to update your site. The reason is WordPress is the most SEO friendly platform in existence today.
- Then you start blogging. While we have fancy names like Content Marketing and Inbound Marketing, the core activity of each of them is generating and publishing useful and fresh content at regular intervals. This is blogging.
- However when you blog you need to:
- Provide useful information.
- Answer questions.
- Format your content properly for SEO.
Learn more…SEO Needs Link Building