Estimated reading time: 8 minute(s)
You’ve heard the importance of social media marketing for generating leads for your business, but how do you learn how to do it.
You have so many options, you have too many options:
- Etc, etc, etc
When you ask multiple experts, you get multiple answers. Every day you see someone express their opinion about what you should do and how you should do it. Many of these experts charge small fees for short (2 to 4 hour) workshops.
Maybe you’ve tried some of their advise and had limited success.
Maybe you’ve sunk endless hours into an effort that produced no results.
Bill Belew taught an MBA level class in social media marketing during the spring of 2013 in which data was collected about what does work and what doesn’t.
I made it a point to ask people who promote the use of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc, etc for how these efforts ROI. How much money spent generates how much in sales? I’ve yet to get an answer I consider to be good.
I once attended a meetup of social media experts, many of whom accept money for running social media efforts on behalf of local companies, and none of them could quantify how their efforts result in sales. One of them even stated they too want to know how to answer this question.
So what does work?
Something that goes by the name of Inbound Marketing work. Inbound Marketing attracts your audience to your website and converts some of the into prospects and customers for your business.
So what is Inbound Marketing?
Inbound Marketing = Blogging for Business = Work (time and effort)
Thomas Jefferson once said something like “I find the harder I work, the luckier I get”.
This is VERY true of Inbound Marketing.
It is blogging, but it is not a casual effort.
In summary, what is Inbound Marketing?
- Publish posts multiple times per day.
- Write good stuff for people, but with the understand that EVERY post needs proper SEO formatting in order for the search engine robots to bring people to your website.
- Publish at regular intervals.
- Keep publishing until you attract what you consider to be a large enough audience.
- Implement your conversion strategy:
- Know your sales process and step one of your sales funnel (what specific action do you want your web visitors to take).
- Tell them to take it, in every post.
- Make it obvious how to take it.
- Make it easy to take.
- Remove any and all obstacles that might distract them from completing the action.
The system described above is conceptually very simple. What makes it hard is the need to do it day in and day out, post by post, over and over and over, until you obtain the result you desire.
Having said that, when you work this system, this system REALLY works for you.
As Thomas Jefferson once said “I find the harder I work, the luckier I get”.
Learn how to do Inbound Marketing.