Landing pages are pages on websites where the website visitor is being strongly encouraged to take some specific action and leave behind some specific information.
Landing pages are sometimes called Lead Capture pages.
Examples of such actions are:
- Sign up for an email newsletter.
- Download an eBook (in exchange for an email address).
- Register for a webinar.
- Buy something.
The common characteristics of a landing page are:
- They provide some enticement (useful tips, an eBook, etc).
- They’re fairly clean and uncluttered.
- In a perfect world they allow only two actions: 1) Completion of the desired results, or 2) Leave the page.
In reality that last one is rarely done purely, but landing pages still tend to be uncluttered.
In the case of the landing page shown in the image, it has a 90 second video that makes one main point, and invites people to sign up for our newsletter, which is the lead capture.
A link to that landing page is below.
Landing pages are a style of webpages unto themselves.
You create them in various ways:
- Some themes have the ability to create landing pages.
- There are landing page services you can subscribe to:
- getresponse.com: Starts at $15 per month
- instapage.com: Prices not listed on website (often not a good sign)
- hubspot.com: Prices start at $200 per month but include more than just landing pages
- leadpages.com: Prices start at $25 per month
- themeforest.net: They sell individual landing page templates for $6 to $15 dollars each.
- There is also a free WordPress plugin specifically designed for creating landing pages. It is called “WordPress Landing Pages“.
To Learn More
Contact us. We help small business marketing themselves online by teaching them what it takes to really get it done.