What do You Sell?
It surprises me how many founders of early stage starups have trouble answering this question.
There are two main reasons what it’s imperative you answer the question of What Do You Sell?
- When you understand the tangible aspects of what you sell, you can describe them to others. At the very least you can answer this question.
- When you better understand the intangible aspects of what you sell, you better understand why anyone would buy from you.
What is meant by intangible aspects?
An excellent blog post published about three years ago explains this very well. In the post the author claims you only sell four things.
The author does a very good job of explaining the importance of these intangible aspects.
We like to think our intelligence leads us to make rational decisions. Marketing experts know otherwise. We buy on emotions.
Since your customers and prospects buy on emotion, you need to sell on emotion.
For Example, at Inbound Marketing University….
- A vision of your business being recognized as a thought leader in your industry.
- Ideas (both strategic and tactical) for making that happen.
- Outcomes of greater visibility, higher traffic levels, more leads, and better leads.
- Trust that we know our stuff and will teach you well.
How Does This Apply to Your Business?
Stop and think a minute. If you’re prone to, please share in the comments below.
SEO Needs Link Building