Keyword research and a focus on keyword phrases is NOT essential to success. Never was.
Below are Google Analytics graphs showing total traffic to two websites where the total keyword research done was ZERO.
To view larger images click in either image (or both) below.
Having said that I do believe (from personal experience) that focusing on keyword research has helped me and my clients achieve higher traffic levels sooner as a result of keyword research.
But keywords and keyword research are by no means essential.
If Keyword Research is Not Essential, What Is?
Fresh content, as the question implies.
The keys to success in attracting your audience to your website via organic search is publishing. To be a little more specific…
- Quantity: Start publishing and keep publishing. Over time you will have published quite the repository of content.
- Quality: Format posts properly for SEO, answer questions, make good points, keep it short, use whitespace freely, etc.
- Consistency: Publish fresh content at very regular intervals (at least twice a day, more if you can).
- Longevity: The longer you do this for the higher your site will rank.
When you find good keywords, so much the better.
What Makes a Keyword Phrase Good?
- The keyword phrases are relevant to your business.
- The search volume is reasonably high.
- The level of competition is reasonably low.
- The keywords have commercial potential.
However, rather than expend excessive time and energy hunting for fantastic keywords, develop a system for generating fresh content ideas and publish new content daily.
Learn More…SEO Needs Link Building