SEO Marketing for local business differs a bit from SEO marketing for national chains, but not significantly.
When seeking a high search ranking within a local geography there are a set of standard mistakes I see made over and over again.
As those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it, please learn from the mistakes of others.
Zippe.biz provides Local SEO Marketing training, consulting, and implementation.
- For service businesses, create a separate webpage for every city where you provide services
- Create a Google Places page
- If you service large cities you are not located in (i.e.: San Jose, CA) find a way to have a “second office” even if it’s a Mailbox etc type place
- Your second address MUST have a different phone number
- Use the names of the cities and metro areas of interest in your blog post titles and bodies
- Localize your content. In your posts mention local places of interest, local events, etc
- Use the name of every city and metro area in every blog post
- Ignore reviews of your business submitted anywhere (Yelp, Google, etc). No matter what is said, you must respond.
- Expect more than 1/3 of your website visitors to be local. No matter how hard to work to localize, people outside your area will find your website;.
Other than the few ideas listed above, Local SEO Marketing is SEO Marketing. However those few ideas can greatly increase the number of website visitors who arrive from your local area, and that can make a huge difference to the number of leads you receive.
When your business needs more leads, you should talk to us. We can help.