This post is part of a series about the Internet marketing strategy I call Inbound Marketing, as well as part of a sub-series on the technical aspects of Inbound marketing. This post is also part of another sub-series that provides information about the specific WordPress plugins I find to be useful to Inbound Marketing.
To access the lead posts please click any of the links in the prior sentences.
How can the WordPress WordFence Security plugin help with your SEO?
Zippe.biz helps you generate quality leads for your business through your website.
One answer is that it doesn’t per se, but by providing protection to your WordPress website it supports your entire Inbound Marketing efforts.
Another effort is that by logging when search engine crawler bots load pages on your site, you can know with extreme detail what search engines crawl your site when. This is useful information.
But back to security, if your website is taken out of service for any reason, your Inbound Marketing stops. If your website is out of service for 10 minutes, your Inbound Marketing stops for 10 minutes. Alternatively if your website stops for 8 days….. You get the point.
So how does this plugin help secure your site?
- You can require strong passwords of all your users.
- You are alerted to password dictionary attacks and the IP addresses they initiate from.
- You can then easily block those IP addresses.
- You can lock out IP addresses when there are too many (you set this number) login failures over too short a time frame (you also set this).
- If there are updates to any of your plugins, you are told so in a daily email.
- It scans your WordPress system once a day and sends you an email alerting you to any files that have changed.
- Email alerts are generated for unusual or suspicious activity.
Maybe it’s because I’ve worked in computer security, but when I manage a system, even a WordPress site used for Inbound Marketing, I look for software to help with secure my system. For WordPress, this is the best I’ve found so far.
Need Leads? We can help…SEO Needs Link Building