This post is part of a series about the Internet marketing strategy called Inbound Marketing. To find the lead article, please click the link in the prior sentence.
An effective Internet marketing strategy benefits from preparation prior to “just” jumping in.
Below there is a series of questions I ask during every new client start up.
When you’re using your website to sell products or services, you need to attract the right people, and (as much as possible) avoid attracting the wrong people, and convert some of those people into prospects and customers.
Zippe.biz helps you generate quality leads for your business through your website.
The purpose of these questions is to help focus our efforts and help us do just that.
It does not matter what you’re doing. The quality of the preparation directly affects the quality of the end result:
- When baking a pie you want a nice clean kitchen to work in.
- When painting a wall you and it flat, smooth, and properly primed.
- When building a house, the lot needs to be properly leveled.
- When performing surgery, the surgeons should be well rested and clean to the point of sterile.
- When embarking upon an effort of Inbound Marketing, you want to answer all the questions below.
Each of the preparation questions below is discussed at length in other posts. To read those posts, please click on the links below.
- What is your primary message?
- What audience are you trying to attract?
- What specific action do you wish them to take once they’re on your site?
- The Golden Thread
- What reference sources will you be linking to?
- Do you have any external link requirements?
- What is your “branding statement”?
- What is your sales funnel?
- What is your conversion strategy?
- What is your Call to Action?
- Can your CTA ask too much?
- How will you measure conversion?
- More on measuring conversion ratios..
Need leads? We can help…SEO Needs Link Building