Estimated reading time: 6 minute(s)
The Core Activities of Inbound Marketing Are…
- Publishing fresh, interesting, and useful content at very regular intervals.
- Sharing the best of it with others who can help spread the word.
- Understanding your best prospects buying decision process AND implementing that process in your website CTAs (Calls to Action).
I know that is an overly simplistic list and there is more to it, but those are THE activities at the core of Inbound Marketing.
What do Search Engines Like to See?
- Fresh content at regular intervals
- Content that is USEFUL, which Google defines as helping someone:
- Do something
- Learn something
- Find something
- Google shortens this list to “Do-Know-Go”
- Links from other websites to your website
- Frequent website updates
- Social media sharing via GooglePlus (other social media websites do NOT have the same effect)
There is this dynamic that the best way for people to find you is for other people to have already found you. Their finding of you is known to the search engines by links to your website, website updates in the form of comments, and GooglePlus sharing.
The Importance of “Priming the Pump” of Your Business Blog
So how does your website get found initially?
There are two ways:
1) Very slowly, over time, as you continuously publish new and useful articles and stories.
2) Faster by joining a group whose purpose is to help each other get started faster. A business blogging support group.
The Problems with Business Blogging
- It’s a solitary activity. We humans are social creatures.
- Getting found initially takes time.
- With the initial ramp up taking several weeks to months, you can become discouraged.
The Answers to those Business Blogging Issues is….
- Join a business blogging support group.
- Share posts among yourselves for purposes of:
- Linking to posts on each others websites
- Providing and receiving comments from each others
- Sharing posts with your social media connections, ESPECIALLY GooglePlus
It’s amazing what a difference a business blogging (Inbound Marketing) support group makes to increasing your online presence.
Learn More…SEO Needs Link Building