- A prior post provides a brief overview of why a specific set of free tools are all you need for monitoring the progress of your local SEO marketing efforts.This post provides details on what information you can obtain from this specific set of free tool.s
Zippe.biz provides Local SEO Marketing training, consulting, and implementation.
Google Webmasters Tools (google.com/webmasters/tools)
This tool gives you a Google eye view of your website. It allows you to:
- know if if Google is experiencing any crawl errors.
- submit a sitemap file
- know what keyword phrases are appearing in SERPs (search engine result pages) AND at what average position (page)
- know what sites link back to pages on your site
- and more….
This is always the first tool I use for new websites.
Bing Webmaster Tools (www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster)
This tool is conceptually similar to Google Webmasters Tools but as you can guess, it gives you a Bing eye view of your website. However you receive the same type of information.
Google Analytics (google.com/analytics)
This is perhaps the best known free tool, and it is excellent. There are four pieces of information you can glean from this tool that I consider to be most important:
- Where (in terms of traffic sources) are my visitors coming from:
- Organic search?
- Social media networking sites?
- Where (geographically) are my visitors coming from:
- Local area?
- What pages on my website are they visiting?
- Which content is the most read?
- How often our my conversion pages loaded and what pages are feeding my conversion process?
This information is all I’ve ever needed to know what adjustments to make to my website and my SEO marketing efforts. I suspect they’re all you’ll need as well.
When your business needs more leads, you should talk to us. We can help.