Dan Zarella, a Social Media Scientist at HubSpot, is quoted as saying:
The next time you hear a social media myth, question it. Ask for the proof, and ask out loud.
More people should take his advise because many claims about the effectiveness of using social media networking websites to generate leads for your business are flat out misleading.
Although it is true that you can generate leads for your business by tweeting, the number of leads you will generate for the number of hours of effort you put into it pales by comparison to business blogging.
Disadvantages of Twitter
- The more connected you are, the less seen you are. Can anyone really follow 1,000 people? To allow this to happen Twitter filters out most of what is tweeted.
- The purpose of twitter is to refer people back to your website. We have hard and fast data to showing what works best is attracting visitors via organic search traffic.
Advantages of Blogging for Business
- It works! Check out our Success Stories.
- More specifically, by attracting traffic via organic search, you are attracting people who YOU KNOW have an interest in your products or services. You know this because if they did not, they would never show up on your website at all.
- Because of the point above, visitors to your website from organic search are the most convertible audience you can ever hope for.
Want more leads?