What Does a HubSpot Inbound Marketing Certification Mean?
The Hubspot Inbound Marketing certification means you have a basic grasp of the main concepts, the main concepts being:
- Essentials of an Effective Inbound Strategy
- Optimizing Your Website for Search Engines
- Creating Content with a Purpose
- The Fundamentals of Blogging
- Amplifying Your Content with Social Media
- Enticing Clicks with Calls-to-Action
- The Anatomy of a Landing Page
- Guiding the Next Step with Thank You Pages
- Sending the Right Email to the Right Person
- The Power of Smarketing
- Taking Your Sales Process Inbound
- Cultivating Happy Customers
Did I Learn Anything?
To my surprise yes.
I say to my surprise because I work as an Inbound Marketing consultant and trainer. I expected to pass the test without watching any of the Hubspot training videos, and I was able to do so. In the spirit of full disclosure I passed with 85% or 51 correct answers (which means I got 9 wrong).
What I learned is that I’m not paying enough attention to my Thank You pages.
Thank You pages provide an opportunity to walk the website visitor to the next step in their Buyers Journey (a term they use which I really like and which is how they describe what I’ve been calling the buying decision process). I have not been taking full advantage of my Thank You pages.
While the questions did seem fairly simple, and in some cases I thought two answers could be considered correct with a slight shift in context, I am glad I finally took their test.
It did validate (to a certain extent) that I know the main concepts of Inbound Marketing, but most importantly some Inbound Marketing knowledge became more solid to me..
I recommend their test to everyone who wants to learn more. Their ideas are valid, and the training videos and the test are open and free to everyone.
Just don’t be fooled into thinking you need their expensive tool to make your Inbound Marketing work. You don’t.
And to learn to do Inbound Marketing without their expensive tool, join us. We’ll teach you how.