This post is part of a series about the Internet marketing strategy I call Inbound Marketing. To access the lead post please click the link in the prior sentence.
If you’ve heard it once you’ve heard it a thousand times. You can’t manage what you don’t measure.
In order to know what changes to make to your website, you need details about how your website is being accessed. In order to adjust, you must continuously monitor and measure your website activity.
Zippe.biz helps you generate quality leads for your business through your website.
The good news is, there are some excellent free analytics tools that should carry you until your website is attracting in excess of 50,000 monthly visitors from organic traffic. Specifically Google Webmasters Tools and Google Analytics.
Google Webmasters Tools provides you a Google eye view of your website and is very useful for seeing issues and errors that Google is seeing that will negatively affect your sites ranking.
Google Analytics allows you to learn a wealth of detail about what’s happening on your site:
- What pages are the most popular?
- What traffic sources are your website visitors coming from?
- What geographic areas are your website visitors coming from?
- For people who take the conversion action, what path through your website are they taking?
- Why is Inbound Marketing the ultimate in Agile Marketing?
This one is self explanatory. What changes and adjustment make the most sense? That depends on what you learn from the analytics.
What matters most?
Of all the things you can know via Google Analytics, what matters most? In my opinion, that which is most actionable is:
- Where are visitors coming from?
- Traffic sources
- Geographic locations
- What are visitors reading?
- What converts best?
Need leads? We can help…